How and Why to use a Mud Mask! (SEACRET - Clear, Healthy & Young looking Skin)
How to Apply a Mud Mask
If you don't have the time to make it to a spa for a soothing mud mask, you can easily do it at home. All you need is your mud mask, a little time, and something to rinse it off. Mud masks can hydrate, cleanse, and tone the delicate skin on your face. Once you've tried a mud mask, it will soon become one of your favorite beauty routines!
Putting the Mud Mask On Your Face
Scoop out some beauty mud.Use your middle and ring fingers to scoop out some of the beauty mud. Start with a small amount, about the size of a dime. If you'd like to apply a thick layer of beauty mud, you can scoop out a larger amount.
- Remember, it's easier to add beauty mud to your face than remove excess.
Spread the beauty mud.Place the beauty mud on the apples of your cheeks and gently spread it around your cheeks, forehead, temples, chin, and forehead. You can apply a thin layer if you want a quick mud mask that's easy to remove.
- If you apply a thick opaque layer of beauty mud, you'll be able to keep it on your skin longer since it won't dry out your skin's face as quickly.
Avoid applying the mask to your eye area.While you can cover your entire face with the mask, you should avoid using the beauty mud around your eye. The skin around your eye is delicate and if you apply mud to the area, you risk getting it in your eye, especially when removing the mask.Stand in front of a mirror when you apply the mask so you can easily avoid the eyes.
- You should make sure to cover any blemishes or acne-prone areas of your skin. Just be gentle when you apply the beauty mud so you don't irritate the skin further.
Wait for 15 minutes.Once you've applied the mud mask, leave it on for 15 minutes or until the mud starts drying out.
Wash off the mud mask.Take a clean cotton cloth and soak it in lukewarm water. Wring it out completely and gently rub it against the mud mask. Keep rinsing and wringing out the cloth in between rubbing the mask off.
- Be gentle when you remove the mask. Rubbing your skin roughly can damage your delicate skin.
- If you're having trouble removing the mask, soak your cloth in hot water and place it over your face for about 30 seconds. Then, use the clothe to wipe the mask off.
Rinse your face.After most of the mud mask has been cleaned off, splash your face with lukewarm water. This will help remove any remaining mud mask.
- Avoid using hot or cold water. These can shock your skin or overly dry it.
Pat your skin dry.Take a soft clean cloth and carefully pat your face dry. Avoid rubbing your skin since this could damage your sensitive skin.
Effectively Using a Mud Mask
Select a mud mask.You have lots of options when choosing a mud mask. Read label descriptions to find a mud mask that will work with your skin type. Depending on your skin type, look for a mask that has specific qualities. For:
- Dry skin: look for a hydrating product with moisturizing oils
- Blemish-prone skin: choose a clay mask that can reduce oil and clear up acne
- Sensitive skin: pick a mask that has minerals to reduce inflammation
- Combination skin: consider applying two different masks to different parts of your face based on your skin type
Tie your hair back.If you have longer hair, you should tie your hair back into a ponytail. This will keep your hair from falling in front of your face or getting stuck in the beauty mud while you apply the mask.
- If your hair does get mud mask on it, simply wet the strand with a wet cloth and rub the beauty mud out.
Clean or steam your skin.It's a good idea to remove excess oil and buildup from your skin before you apply a mud mask. It will also make the mud mask adhere to your skin easier. Wash and dry your skin or do a steam facial.
- Steam is a great way to open up your pores. It will also let the mud mask penetrate deeper into your skin.
Apply a facial oil or moisturizer.Put a few drops of the oil in the palm of your hand and rub your hands together. Gently pat your hands over your face so that the oil is evenly applied to your skin. You can do this before applying the beauty mud since it can dry out your skin.
- Consider using a facial oil or moisturizer after removing the mud mask to further hydrate your skin.
Limit your mud masks.When used correctly, mud masks can improve your skin tone. But, since mud masks can dry out your skin, you shouldn't apply them more than once a week. If you have oily skin, you might be able to apply a mud mask up to twice a week to control oil production.
- If you have zits or blemishes, you can apply a mud mask just to the trouble spots. Do this whenever you have a breakout.
QuestionHow often do I apply a mud mask?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerTry applying it once a week, or once every two weeks if your skin tends to be sensitive or dry.Thanks!
QuestionHow often should I apply this mask?Tansy_200Community AnswerApply this mask once every two weeks.Thanks!
QuestionWhere in my skin regime should I apply a mud mask? Before or after using a cleanser?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerI use the mud mask first and follow with the cleanser.Thanks!
QuestionCan I apply a mud mask daily on my acne scars?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou can, but it depends on how sensitive your skin is and whether it becomes irritated easily. It would be better to find an acne medication that is meant to be applied daily.Thanks!
Before you apply a mud mask, wash your face to remove any excess oil and buildup so the mask can penetrate your pores. Then, spread a thick layer of the mud mask onto your face, avoiding your eye area. Once you've applied the mask, leave it on for 15 minutes or until the mud starts to dry out. Then, use a clean cloth soaked in lukewarm water to gently wipe the mask off of your face. After most of the mask is off, rinse your face with lukewarm water and pat your skin dry.
Video: You Might Be Using Your Clay Mask Wrong
Slow Cooker Ropa Vieja
Strictly Come Dancing Christmas Special
How to Treat a Swollen Vein
6 Signs You Might Have A Blood Clot
An In-Depth Review of 4 Couples SexToys
How to Make Rice Cooker Bread
Runway To Real Life: Bright OrangeLips
15 Myths About Carbs You Should Stop Believing
How to Manage Your Credit Cards
4 Ways to Be Drug Free
This Is Set to Be the Hair Colour Trend of 2019
No Lover, No Problem: 19 Awesome V-Day Gifts to Get Yourself
Bouchra Jarrar Brings Back Lanvin Signatures for SpringSummer 2019 With Her Debut Runway Show